Since I left the cubicle farm, I haven’t made much of an effort to find and connect with other Stay at home dads (SAHD) in the area. And I kinda regret that.
Today, heard on the radio that there are an estimated 175,000 SAHDs. Impressive. Recently, I stumbled across a FaceBook Group “Dad bloggers”, so I requested to join. The group only began in December 2012 and as of today, membership surpassed 200. The topics of discussion are entertaining and often enlightening. A sample include:
- The Definitive Internet White Paper On When To Expose Your Kids To Star Wars.
- How “Mr. Mom” is an insult
- How did you come to the decision to use, or not use, your kids’ photos online?
- do you pay your children for doing chore
- Louis CK on men’s innate tendency to @#$%^
The Louis CK post received about 253 comments.
Many of the threads are well written, thoughtful and long posts. Kinda the opposite of what I’m doing. On the serious side-I think I’ll start a thread on “How to prevent your toddler from getting out of bed dozens of time a night.” Since Will went to bed 90 minutes ago and has walked out of his room now 6 times. And it isn’t even 10pm.